Sunday, January 8, 2017

Let It Snow Sign

Hello Everyone. It's Amy and it's my turn to share on the Miss Kate blog today. :) Before we jump into my project with power tools don't forget to grab the Freebie of the Day!

I have been into a sign kick lately. I initially picked up a 4' wide x 2' high piece of plywood about a year ago with intentions on creating a sign. I finally got it out and stained it.

For my sign I used the Miss Kate Let it Snow Title.
 I rearranged the wording and simplified the design by removing some of the snowflakes. 
I then cut a stencil from 631 Vinyl and applied to the board.

I masked off the board with scrap paper.
 

I then spray painted with an indoor/outdoor paint. It dried in a matter of minutes!
I removed all the paper and vinyl and here is my sign:

Looking good so far, right? 
Well I decided to get out my power tools and drill holes around the edge so I can insert lights.

Here is my final sign in action! 


If you notice on my window above the door I also added snowflakes to the window and if you were to come into my house you will so those vinyl snowflakes on just about everything from bathroom mirrors to hurricane lamps. 

Even though I took down the tree and put away some of the decorations I moved my sign indoors to enjoy for a few more weeks.

Thanks for stopping by today and stop by my blog to check out more of my projects.

10 comments:

  1. Great sign! I think quite a few areas up north got plenty of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I think I'd like the 8" of snow we got yesterday a lot better if I had this on the front lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous and festive idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Amy I Love This So Sweet Bet It Look Great At Nite With It Lit Up. Smoochez

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Amy! Thanks for the instructions on how to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is awesome i love love love

    ReplyDelete