Friday, December 16, 2016

Guest Designer Evelyn Holmberg

Well, I've been keeping this secret for a whole year! Last year, Miss Kate Cuttables had a guest design tryout. I tried out and was given the December 16th date. Long time to keep a secret! I chose three awesome files to work with. The first two, My Family Tree is Full of Nuts and Fall Squirrel, worked well together and I thought would make a perfect mini-album for family photos. Here's the front cover: p1130063 
I love the big flowers, and all the different fonts kind of add to the nuttiness of this title, don't you agree? The back cover has the adorable Fall Squirrel on it:p1130066It's bound with my Bind it All. I can't wait to start putting family pictures into it. I'm going to have everyone pose with funny faces to carry the theme through the album! Miss Kate Cuttables files are always so detailed. You can use some of the pieces individually. For instance, the word Family with its pretty script font could be used as a title on a scrapbook page with a totally different feel. I really liked the simple, fun flowers from that first image and the simple, fun leaves from the squirrel image, so I decided to showcase them separately. I made long and skinny cards to fit in business sized envelopes. p1130372p1130374p1130369p1130371 

The third file I chose to work with is called Darling Daughter . The peacock feather-inspired flowers in this file are absolutely gorgeous. I used a dotted embossing folder to give the background some interest. p1130362p1130365Thank you, Miss Kate, for allowing me this guest designer spot! It was a lot of fun! 
~Evelyn      

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects! Thanks for Guest Designing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute thank you for being a patient Guest Designer....
    ~Cathie MCKDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Evelyn, what wonderful projects. If your family tree is full of nuts, we might be related ;-) Thanks so much for sharing your creative goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mini album and cards are just fabulous! I love the clean design style in your projects. _Amy from the Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cutest mini book ever! I just love it!! Thanks for being our guest dt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it thanks for being a Guest designer for MKC. Smoochez Gloria ~MKCDT~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it thanks for being a Guest designer for MKC. Smoochez Gloria ~MKCDT~

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW really pretty projects - thanks for sharing!

    Sherri - DT

    ReplyDelete