Friday, July 15, 2016

Guest Designer Lorie Ames

I am SUPER excited to be here as the Guest Designer for Miss Kate Designs.  I have long loved MKD's files and was so excited when they did a GDT call and they offered me a position this month!  I needed to chose the files I wanted to work with way back in January so it was a decision of...what am I going to be wanting to do and get done in July.  I immediately thought of my 15th Wedding Anniversary and decided to make a card (or something) with the files I chose which are:  this prince and this princess.  

Now I have to tell you I did A LOT of thinking about what I wanted this to look like and what papers I wanted to use.  I googled several words for papers and finally came up with this paper from Graphic 45 called Enchanted Forest.  It is not exactly what I was looking for but it definitely works.  Apart from the prince, princess, and photos of me and my husband just about all of the embellishments came from the paper pack and an additional tags and pockets sheet from Graphic 45.  So...shall we get on with the photos? 


 I'm not sure what prompted me to try this According File Folder but I found the tutorial on Splitcoaststampers and I thought it would be perfect for the plan in my head.  


 Okay, here is where you first see the MKD files come into play.  During our story the prince (my knight in shining armor) arrives on scene to save the fair princess from her broken heart. 


 The little post card on the princesses page represents the time my husband and I spent courting long distance (I do not recommend this at all!!). These files were SUPER easy to put together and come with a PDF of how to assemble if you need it.  I actually printed it out and followed it just so I didn't have to think as much!  LOL! 


 Above you can see a little more of the detail of the two files.  For both characters I have used papers from the same paper pack that I used for the rest of the project.  It totally makes this even more matchy and pretty I think.  I added a smaller panel of vanilla paper at the bottom of the pull out so I could write what I'm thinking about in our story by the characters.  Of course what princess would be without her jewels so I added pearls and rhinestones to the crown and her belt. 


 On the last two pages I added a wedding photo and a more recent photo of the two of us.  The little sentiment that is being pointed to by the chipboard arrow says...Life itself is the most wonderful Fairytale.  Then the sentiment under our current photo says Happily Ever After and I die cut the number 15 for the number of years we will be married. 


 Both of these pull outs have blank cardstock on the back so I can write a note to my hubby on them. 


And finally a little shot of the back of the book.  I thought it would be kinda neat to use this Enchanted Forest paper as a homage to the paper pack that I completely destroyed putting the accordian file folder together...lol! 

Well, there you have it!  I know it is a super long blog post but I hope you love my project and are inspired by it to create something wonderful with Miss Kate Designs files!  HERE is a link to their store and HERE is a link the blog.  They are also on Facebook HERE and HERE is their group so check them out there as well (did I mention they have an amazing freebie every single day?)!! Our anniversary isn't until the end of the month but I'm glad to have this finished plenty ahead so I can concentrate on making cards to give him each day of our little little trip to the coast.  Have a wonderful day everyone! 

10 comments:

  1. What a fabulous album. Thanks for being our Guest Designer at Miss Kate Cuttables!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorie, your album is amazing! Your hubby is certain to love it! Congrats on the guest designer role!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible accordion album! Love the cuts and papers you used. Thanks for Guest Designing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love Lori.....thanks for joining us as a Guest designer on MKC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project Lorie- Enjoy your anniversary and trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow zeros! This is fantastic and gorgeous to boot!! Awesome job and I'm sure your prince will cherish it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is WOW! Thanks so much for sharing and guest designing for us, your album is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such an awesome project and oh boy it really is like WOW great job and yes thanks for being our guest designer today
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete