Friday, February 28, 2014

Hello Gorgeous!!!

Hello there gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by.  mADDmartha megan here to share today's project.
 
Before we get into all that, make sure and go get your freebie!  Today's freebie just makes me hungry!  It's this adorable ice cream cone! 
Ok... now back to regularly scheduled programming. ;)
 
I got an assortment of colored vinyl for Christmas, and I've been dying to play with it!  So for today's project, I played with a set I've had for awhile... and used quite a bit.  The Hello Gorgeous Set.  I am a make-up junkie so I'm pretty sure this set was in my cart the first day I was on Miss Kate Cuttables!
I got some really cute sparkly tumblers at Big Lots a while back so I set to work!  I used the title, but only used the words and the gray shaded background as it was the larger one and I wanted more background space around the lettering.  I also placed diamonds above my layers for layering purposes.  The idea is you place the diamonds above your layered cut and set different layers to not cut as you go so you can just line up the diamond shapes and the layered shape will easily stack.
 
Here's some progress shots:
 
I lost one diamond... but the diamond shapes are going to help us line up the next layer
Here I've got my transfer tape on my next layer and ready to go...
Now I line up the diamonds and smoosh it down... technical.  Smooshing. :)
Voila!  First layer down. 
 Then I just repeated the process with the word "hello".  Use the same piece of transfer tape and smoosh.  This time instead of carefully removing the transfer tape, I carefully lifted the whole design up and then used my fingernail to remove the positioning shapes... in this case diamonds.
 
Next, I propped up my tumblr so I could adhere the vinyl.  I used empty crystal light containers because they were sitting on my craft desk.  I save pretty much every container because I might have a project idea.  Please tell me I'm not alone here ladies! lol
 
  Finally here's the finished project.  I love how it turned out!
 
 
I hope you'll stop by my YouTube channel sometime.  Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. this turn out great I have to try this, looks pretty simple thanks so much for sharing
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun project. I never thought to do vinyl on a cup!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your not alone ;) Great way to repurpose a great container. Very pretty!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete